Senior Vendor Managers
Our US based client, a Fortune 500 company, is the global leader in e-commerce. Started in 1995, they have significantly expanded their product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, they offer everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry, etc. Sites are also operational in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Canada, and China.
The Munich office is looking for several energetic, enthusiastic and talented candidates to join the fast paced world of Vendor Management. Openings exist in several categories (fashion, watches, automotive, etc.). In this role you will work to improve product selection, creating the earth's greatest shopping experience – a store featuring more products, brands, & more compelling content than any store, online or off!
Your professional challenge:
• You are an expert vendor relationship manager, a product specialist, a product selection developer, and an advertiser all in one.
• As an innovator within the company, you will influence the design of your specific category, as well as develop new product groups and improve customer selection.
• You are passionate about the this industry, you enjoy staying abreast of the latest trends and you are in tune with what customers want, sometimes before they even know themselves. As a result you will be able to identify the most relevant brands and styles that our customers will love.
• The performance of your product category determines your success. You have more responsibilities – both customer experience related and operational – and you have the opportunity to manage an extensive number of brands and products.
• You are responsible for recognizing new trends, for analyzing both business competition and sales, for carrying out stock management in cooperation with Supply Chain and for finding the best vendors/ brands.
• You also facilitate discussions of general conditions, procuring top products and making sure that they are advertised prominently on Amazon in cooperation with Marketing.
• Every new technical innovation, tool and process and the input and drive you have to improve them, will make your work even more exciting. It will mean making the lives of buyers and vendors throughout the world both easier and better.
• High level of academic achievement including Bachelors degree
• Several years' B2C experience gained within the online Retail sector
• Knowledge of the your industry ideally gained working for major retailers.
• Proven ability to influence others in a business setting, being assertive with excellent communication skills
• Outstanding analytical skills and experience in planning and forecasting; demonstrated skill
with numbers, analyses and reports
• Proven use of supporting tools and systems to deliver business improvement.
• Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
• Action and results oriented mentality, combined with the ability to work in a demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must.
• Ability to problem-solve using creative thinking and innovation.
• Proven English skills – both verbal and written.
• Enthusiasm for the your product category
• Advanced knowledge of Excel advantageous